For the table, my brother helped me design an airline logo and attached it to everything. Place cards were airline tickets with each guest's favorite vacation spot as the destination. I found these printable tickets at http:langwitches.org which had an airline ticket image generator. I then just added my logo and folded cardstock to make a jacket. I couldn't find peanut packages anywhere, so I made them myself by just folding aluminum foil and putting my airline logo on the front. The placemats were maps I found and then I laminated. My centerpiece was paper airplanes that I affixed the logo to, passports, and a mini globe I found at Target.
The menu was taken from the guest's favorite vacation spots. I found one dish from each of their favorite spots and this was my menu:
|Baked Alaska...so yummy!|
- Coors Light - to represent Colorado
- Orange Juice - to represent Florida
- Peruvian Ceviche - to represent Peru
- Greek Salad - to represent the Mediterranean
- Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding - to represent London
- Fruit Salad - to represent Costa Rica
- Baked Alaska - to of course represent Alaska
This was a really fun dinner. I had asked each guest to bring a photo from their vacation, so this brought some funny stories to the party as guest's talked about their photos.