Saturday, December 15, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Ideas

We decided to introduce the Elf on the Shelf idea for the first time this year.  Luckily, it is fairly low-key in our house currently and the kids don't expect much, so I have gotten away with doing some fairly simple placements around the house.  I wanted to share a few easy/creative ones in case you are running out of ideas and need a few.


Idea #1:  Have your elf eating a banana.  I hang our bananas, so this worked out perfectly.  I ate half in the morning, and left the rest for "Jake."


Idea #2:  Time to go fishing!  My daughter has a small fish bowl which has a glass fish in it.  I made a fishing pole out of a wooden skewer and some embroidery thread, set Jake on some books, and he went fishing.  My daughter got a kick out of this.


Idea #3:  Lincoln Log fort. I set up a fort/store with my kids Lincoln Logs.  Jake sat on top so he could easily be seen.  I have to keep Jake up high since I have an 18 month year old, so this is why he is on top of our buffet table.


Idea #4:  My kids love to color. I printed out a coloring book-style Elf on the Shelf page on Google Images,  and set Jake up to color himself.  I used a dollhouse chair, some building blocks, and a Frisbee to create the table.


Idea #5:  On the day my mom takes the kids to story time, Jake decided to have story time as well. The book is just cut up typing paper stapled in the middle.


Idea #6:  My daughter loves to play dress up.  Today, Jake decided to play with her!

I'll try to post more Elf ideas that aren't already all over the internet as I do them.  Feel free to share your ideas with me as well!  Would love to steal them!

No comments: