Thursday, December 26, 2013

DIY Christmas Decor Part II

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  Here is the follow up to Part I of my holiday mantle makeover. Sorry to post this a day AFTER Christmas, but the holidays are a busy time.  I love that these decorations are inexpensive and easy crafts that have made a HUGE difference in the look of my house.  They've even added to my holiday spirit in that I finally have some Christmas decorations that I love. Note: The photos don't do them justice as they are much more vibrant in person.


First is an idea I found on Pinterest and decided to copy.  I loved the idea of spelling Noel with a wreath and different sizes/fonts for the remaining letters.  To make this, I purchased the wreath at Michaels Craft Store and the letters at both Michaels and Joanns.  I bought red, green, and white spray paint with primer included from Lowes.  This the same spray paint I used to paint my stocking holders (see that post here) and all the other projects for my mantle, so I really got use out of the 3 bottles of spray paint.


The final project for my mantle was inspired by Liz at Naptime Decorator. I saved 3 wine bottles from our monthly dinners and spray painted them in the same paint used in the Noel project. 


When they were completely dry, I wrapped yarn tightly around the bottle.  I used only a dab of hot glue at the beginning and another at the end. Then more glue to adhere a snowflake/tree foam piece that I bought at Michaels.


This is my completed mantle with all my holiday projects.  There is a lot going on, but I absolutely love it especially since all the items match in color scheme.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your mantle came out so nice! Great Job!
-Amy