Sunday, January 5, 2014

Holiday Cards Galore!

One thing I love about the holidays is receiving cards from friends and family in the mail. It's so nice to get photos and letters instead of just bills!!  Throughout December I display the cards on a string along my windows, but after the holidays are over, the cards are often placed in the trash bucket...so sad.  This year, I decided to try something different...


I made this simple coffee table display book and placed all my holiday cards inside. I absolutely love it because it can be added to each year as a scrapbook of how ours and others families have grown throughout the years.


To make this album, I used a chipboard kit I found at Michaels.  This kit had several boards included as well as the binding rings.  I couldn't find a kit in the size I wanted, so I used an Exact-o knife to cut the chipboard to be a smaller size.  I cut mine 6.5 x 8.5 because this fit my largest photo cards with just a bit extra on the sides.


I used Mod Podge to adhere the scrapbook paper to the chipboard, added my embellishments, and sealed it all with a couple layers of Mod Podge.  The scrapbook paper wrinkled at bit with the Mod Podge, but it doesn't bother me.  If it bothers you, you may want to try something different.


The thing I like about this project is that I made the book to be able to hold multiple years.  I made divider pages for the two years of holiday cards I have so far. Next Christmas time, I will set this book out on my coffee table.  Then in January, I will make another divider page to add my cards from 2014.


I hope you had a great holiday.  We sure loved celebrating Jenna's first Christmas.  Here's our Christmas card for those that haven't seen it!

No comments: